Everyone slides through Sigil sooner or later. But plenty of cutters call the Cage home, and it's their shops, trades, and peels that keep the jink flowing - and the bone-boxes flapping. A body's got to know who sells bogus goods, and who'll scrag him (or worse) just for the fun of it. 'Course, the trick is telling friend from foe. In Sigil, a fiery fiend ain't always a serpent, and a shining celestial ain't always a lamb.

6.17.2008

Cold Turkey


Well it's done.
Account cancelled, game uninstalled and web pages deleted. No more for me. Time to pack my bags and leave Azeroth for good.
Hey, don't take it badly, Blizzard - we had some fun times together. The early levelling, the first timid steps into the Deadmines - the storming of the Stockades. Enchanting my first bracer. All fond memories.
Such a temptress you were - teasing me with your promises of super loot and powers on my way to level 70. Playing hard to get at level 60 only to hook me again with the goodness that were the early quest rewards in the Outlands. Our relationship was a sure thing, wasn't it?
But then you started making demands. Started getting needy. Daily quests and grinding started to take the shine off our relationship. Fighting for reputation with people I hardly knew just so that I could get gear to keep up with the Joneses. Changing the rules my poor little Shaman Kaminari lived by on a regular basis so that her little Draeni head span (and just how the hell do you pronounce 'Draeni' anyway?).
So now it's done, and I'm walking away.
Until Starcraft II at least, when you know I'll be your bitch again. *sigh*
PS: In all seriousness - no more PC games for me that I can't pause or save or otherwise get up and walk away from. Better things to do.

7 comments:

Magpie said...

Cyberspace sock-puppets don't satisify the inner warrior.
Do they?

Anonymous said...

Will you be back for Mysty's 6th age?

Sporaxis said...

Lad, Kat gave me some interesting news. Contact me on sporaxis@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Can i tell the world or only Orca and Spor?

Sigil said...

Hey Cath, Hey Spor...Knock yourselves out - it's public news now kids...

Anonymous said...

Took you long enough to visit your own blog! I loved your ode to WOW by the way.

Anonymous said...

Tell the world what? What news?