Everyone slides through Sigil sooner or later. But plenty of cutters call the Cage home, and it's their shops, trades, and peels that keep the jink flowing - and the bone-boxes flapping. A body's got to know who sells bogus goods, and who'll scrag him (or worse) just for the fun of it. 'Course, the trick is telling friend from foe. In Sigil, a fiery fiend ain't always a serpent, and a shining celestial ain't always a lamb.

9.08.2007

So why do it...?

So I've posted a bit, and set up a few things and now I've had a little time to reflect on why I'm doing all this. Those of you that know me in the real world know that I work in an industry that is thoroughly devoid of imagination - and imagination is something that I cherish.

I've often thought over the years what is the one thing that I really wish to achieve as an individual before I pass onto the next stage of being. The one constant answer that I give myself is that above all other things, I want to write a book. I love books, I love reading and it seems suprising now that after all this time I've never considered it as something to take seriously.

But being a realist, I've always tempered this desire with the knowledge that I have materialistic needs that need to be met in the short term, including a wife and hopefully (hopefully!) a couple of children (and won't that topic be an entry all by itself).

So, then. This site is the first step in most likely a long road of achieving that goal.

The one constant piece of advice I have heard given to budding writers goes something along the lines of:

"Stop bloody talking about it, and get out there and do it. WRITE!".

And that, dear reader, is exactly what I intend to do.

No comments: